Recipe of the Week: Summer Watermelon Salad
Summer is here! Celebrate and serve this unique twist on a summertime favorite at your next picnic or family barbecue.
- 8 cups cubed watermelon
- 1 small Vidalia or other sweet mild onion thinly sliced
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 2 – 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- mint sprigs for garnish
In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, salt, pepper, and whisk until salt is dissolved. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Add in the chopped mint, taste, and adjust seasonings.
In a large bowl, combine the melon, onion, and feta. Pour the dressing over the melon mixture and toss gently until everything is coated and evenly mixed. Garnish with mint sprigs.
(recipe originally featured on www.skiptomylou.org)